• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

The Reynolds

J

jJohn Stone

Hi, I have a bit of a problem in my research in that I am searching for the date of a persons death. His wife Augusta died in January 1931 and her death certificate states her husband was a labourer at the Sauce factory (as they lived in Park Rd Aston this would I am sure be HP Sauce). On checking the Electoral Roll for 1931 I find that there house was occupied not by Henry Reynolds his wife Augusta and daughter Grace but by Harold and Amy Davis here are the facts Augusta died in Jan 1931 at the age of 76 years, her daughter Grace would have been about 30 years old and Henry Reynolds would have been abt 81 years old. I have been through the BMD index without any success. As Augusta was from Germany and her parents and family would have been of the Protestant faith I looked at some records from Aston Church but could not find any record of the burial of either Henry or Augusta, I have no idea where they might be buried and if I could find Augustas grave I am sure Henry would be with her. Has anyone any other ideas that I coulfd follow up on. Regards Jonno

Jonno,

I would try Witton Cemetery, if you can give the details of Augusta, they should be able to locate the grave if she is buried there, worth a phone call or even a visit.....

Hi Jonno :) The Electoral Roll for 1931 would have been taken later than January (When Augusta died)
Relatives may have moved out shortly after ?, you may need to check 1930 E Roll (B,ham Library) ok
ps HP Sauce is probable,,but Manor Vinegar also close/part of H P near Park Lane.
ps 2/ as JKC has prompted,, i too think that Witton Cemetery is probable for you
I think they have a seperate section for people of different faiths/countries etc, Worth enquiring Ok
Cheers & good luck JohnY :cool:

John,
Thanks for the reply and the tip will do this when I am next in Birmingham.
Regards
Jonno

Jonno,

I would try Witton Cemetery, if you can give the details of Augusta, they should be able to locate the grave if she is buried there, worth a phone call or even a visit.....
Thanks JKC for your reply will do this next time I am in Brum
Jonno

Back