• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

The Recovery of Birmingham City Transport 208

Guy bus 208, and similar Karrier 209 were experimental high capacity (58 and 60 seats respectively) vehicles tried out in the late 1920s. 209 became a breakdown recovery crane in 1929, but 208 soldiered on until 1933 when, as shown in the film, its body became a summerhouse. Here it is as a bus, collossal by the standards of the day. It would be a magnificent sight if a suitable chassis could be found for a restoration to be done!

Thanks for posting that fascinating video, Bammot. Interesting to see how it was jacked up (and down) for loading and unloading. I'm looking forward to seeing the Imperial recovery.

Thanks also, Lloyd, for continuing my BCT education! A remarkable bus.

Thanks for posting that fascinating video, Bammot. Interesting to see how it was jacked up (and down) for loading and unloading. I'm looking forward to seeing the Imperial recovery.

Thanks also, Lloyd, for continuing my BCT education! A remarkable bus.

I know where the the photos are all I need to do now is find the film

Back