• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

The Oldest Surviving Former Midland Red Bus Garage Building is...

horsencart

master brummie
My nomination for the oldest surviving former Midland Red Bus Garage building is the Black Lion Bridge St Hereford, if you turn to page 150 of Midland Red A History of the Company and its Vehicles from 1940 to 1970, if you look at the top photograph there is a photo of the offices now if you go to https://my.bus.photos.fotopic.net/p68745058.html

you will see the same "offices" in 2011 the rest of the garage has gone but the offices appear to remain, this leads me to ponder where is the second oldest oldest surviving former Midland Red Bus Garage building how about the former Midland Red Bus Garage in Friars Street Hereford 1925--to the present day

I have posted this before but I thought you may like to see it again on this thread. This is a postcardof Tamworth Bus Garage:)

Tamworth_Bus_Garage.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back