• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

The old oak ;

Astonian

gone but not forgotten
Have we got anybody whom as got a picture of the old oak pershore rd please and can anybody tell me any think of the old daven ports pub on pershore rd ; please ; thats one pub i have ever been in once in my life and that was way back in the sixtys
an old friend of mine ran the oak many years ago taffy been there many time when i worked around there having a tot
what was first the davenports pub or the oak does anybody know appreciate any info; please ;;
have a nice day folks the sun is shineing down here in worcestershire ;
Astonian;;;;;

HI CAROLINA
Many , many thanks for putting all that info; up for me and putting it right ;
yes thats what i meant ; i did slightly confuesed myself this morning ;which way it was to be ; then i thought to myself
some one on the forium or a person living local will put it straight for me i knew it was one or the other ;
carol you are a gem; have your self a nice week end ; i myself is venturing out to hams hall for a car bootie
take care astonian

The Davenports pub in Pershore Road is The Three Horseshoes I think astonian, not sure what they sell these days, British Oak was M & B.

Astonian

As you can see Mike was quite right about what breweries both pubs belonged to.

Phil

Attachments

• Stirchley Three Horse Shoes[1].jpg
    Stirchley Three Horse Shoes[1].jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 36
  • Stirchley Pershore Rd British Oak.jpg
    Stirchley Pershore Rd British Oak.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 36
Nice pictures there Phil, took me back to my youth had my first ever pint in the back room of the Oak at the age of a very mature 16 year old ssshhhhh:friendly_wink::friendly_wink::friendly_wink:

hi guys
many thaks for helping me out on this one yes; the more i think back now it was called the three horse shoes
a nice looking pub ; the beer was good ; the british oak was abit of a rough diamond as i seem to recall the beer was not all that good ;
there seemed to be alot of bilders and roofers always occupied he oak ;
and i like to say a special thanks to mike for joggingmy old memory box for the name of the three horse shoes ; [ thanks mike ]
best wishes astonian;

Straight out of Bournville Lane Baths,( Sauna) on Friday night, round the corner into the "Oak", nice few pints to replace all the sweat I had lost. The "Oak" is still going strong and they have live music on a couple of times a week and a group/band on every Sunday afternoon.
jimbo

The British Oak is on Camra's inventory of historic interiors. Built 1923-24 by James & Lister Lea, prolific pub architects, "in a 17th-century domestic style". Five public rooms include original features: oak panelling, fixed seating in public and lounge bars, terrazzo and parquet floors, and marble fireplaces. "Both gents' toilets have their original tiling, as has the ladies' on the right." The bowling green was still in use at least until 2013.

Back