• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

The Norton Inn Erdington

Vivienne14

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi FrozenUK, I definitely went to the Norton but can't for the life of me remember where it was. Anyone got a photo? Viv.

devonjim

master brummie
Corner of Kingsbury Rd and Tyburn Rd? I know it was one of the pubs that was used by us Hardy Spicer employees. Along with the Digby, the Bagot and the Tyburn Arms

Last edited:

alan bartlett

master brummie
Cheers Frothblower, its good that you remember Ada, she was as you describe her but a lovely women. Her mother and my mother, her sister were very similar but Ada had the edge. Who else did you know round there, did you know Adas husband Fred?

Frothblower

Lubrication In Moderation
Cheers Frothblower, its good that you remember Ada, she was as you describe her but a lovely women. Her mother and my mother, her sister were very similar but Ada had the edge. Who else did you know round there, did you know Adas husband Fred?

I've looked at the dates again Alan. Not sure if she was the same Ada I knew? I frequented the Norton early 70s onwards

alan bartlett

master brummie
Probably was, you never forgot Ada, very loud. She stopped working behind the bar in her later years but was allways in there for a drink, that would have been in the 70,s. I think she passed away late 70,s early 80,s.

Redwife

Here you are Frothy, a nice image of The Norton in its Heyday.

Phil

ErdingtonKingsburyRdTheNorton.jpg
Is this picture still available for viewing? My grandparents ran the pub and my Mother and her brothers lived there, as well.

Morturn

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi and welcome to Birmingham History Forum. Member Phil is no longer with us so the Photo Bucket account would have now expired. I am sure some of the other members will have a photo. For the time being, here is one taken prior to demolition.

The Norton.jpg

Redwife

Hi and welcome to Birmingham History Forum. Member Phil is no longer with us so the Photo Bucket account would have now expired. I am sure some of the other members will have a photo. For the time being, here is one taken prior to demolition.

View attachment 156769
I'm very sorry about Phil. I just lost my Mom in February....trying to find pieces of her life at The Norton. Thank you for your kind help ♥