• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

The Midland Tar distillers

mw0njm.

A Brummie Dude
they had a depot in aston church rd,we used to mooch around there mom was not to happy at the tar stck on our boots. any one else remember the place
MIDLAND-TAR-DISTILLER-LIMITED-OLDBURY.jpg

they had a depot in aston church rd,we used to mooch around there mom was not to happy at the tar stck on our boots. any one else remember the place
MIDLAND-TAR-DISTILLER-LIMITED-OLDBURY.jpg
Not Birmingham, I know, but I worked for them in the laboratory at Four Ashes Wolverhampton, my mum always complained about the chemical smells on my clothes, particularly when they were looking for a an 'aroma' to put into natural gas.

My father’s first job in Birmingham was at the Midland Tar Distillary in Aston Curch Road. He was a Polish refugee, he came to Birmingham in 1947, as a member of the Polish Resettlement Corp. I have been looking at his Alien Registration document that he had to take to the police station every time he changed jobs, most of the industries no longer in existance.

Back