• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

The Grove cinema smethwick

pam m

master brummie
Hi, this cinema, was used to show a short film called The Saturday Man which is a documentry about West Bromwich football club in the 50`s, my grand dad Charles Jones was filmed in it anyone got any info or pictures pleaseeeeeeeee would love to hear from anyone on this:)

the very last time i ever vistit the grove picture house was way back years
and the very last movie i seen there was clint eastwood hang them high and when i came out it was raining cats and dogs
my favorite picture house was the edgbaston and the crown lady wood and that was pat boone
best wishes astonion

If you enter 'short film called The Saturday Men' into Google there is a web site called 'twohundredpercent.net' which did have the film on but they have taken it off. Maybe you can contact the site owners for more info.

If you enter 'short film called The Saturday Men' into Google there is a web site called 'twohundredpercent.net' which did have the film on but they have taken it off. Maybe you can contact the site owners for more info.

Hi, oldMohawk, thankyou,yes i do have the film its just that i dont know alot about the cafe, i dont know where it was at all only i think it was in smethwick somewhere, i think Teddy Sandford is in the film along with my grand dad, Charles Jones who was married to May Jones and had 10 children so they were quite all known in the area:)

Back