• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

The Dock, Alrewas.

Forever Brummie

Brummie babby
Hello
Does anyone know where “The Dock” is In Alrewas. My father and his sister were born there in the 1920’s. I’m researching my paternal family name of Neal.
I should be so grateful if anyone has any information that will help me in my quest.
Kind regards
Forever Brummie

There are several mentions of The Dock, Alrewas. Not a pub, seems to be near School Lane in one advert.

I have some aerial pictures of Alrewas , mostly of the gas AGI I take a look at them and if any show the area in general I will post

Hello Morturn,
Post #66Nov 14, 2022 - Gas Holders in Birmingham gives a picture and some information, it was Coleshill

The Dock was a road in Alrewas that led to Church Lane and the canal bridge over the Trent & Mersey Canal as this 1901 edition of the Ordnance Survey shows

dock alrewas 1901.png

Pictures of the Gas AGI, you can see the village on the top left of the first picture, they do not show a lot of the village if you click on enlarge the picture gives a better view.

Attachments

• Arlewas AGI.jpg
    Arlewas AGI.jpg
    985.2 KB · Views: 10
I am told this picture relates to the dock at Arlewas, (by one of the local ex-gas employee at the AGI) I cannot verify this is accurate information.

1022480.jpg

Back