• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

The Crooked House at Himley

Status
Not open for further replies.
even a security firm etc will not stop a yob, or any unauthorized persons that is determined to gain access

It seems from Birmingham Mail that it wasn't listed and Black Country Museum are not interested in saving remains, not that there's much left to save. The mining caused land to subside so I wouldn't think it's suitable for building on?
rosie.
I know they already have two pubs at the museum site, but when Marston's decided it would not be re-opened as a pub and then sold it to new owners, who had planned to use it for "alternative purposes", it would have been nice if the pub was offered to the BCM, so they could have considered re-siting it before this happened and whilst there remained something to move. It's a dreadful thing to happen, I have some postcards of the pub that date back over 110 years, such a pity that is all future generations will be able to look at now.

According to the Guardian site 1718 Monday 7 August the fire service did all they could to make sure damage was limited. The investigation is ongoing. Well the wrecking ball has been swiftly used !

The Black Country Museum said it was not in a position to save, let alone relocate the building.

This thread is now closed. Thank you for your contributions..

Last edited:
Does anyone ahve any photos of the old crooked house that recently burned down? I need in specific photos of the side and back of the pub.

1694239217314.png

There are several other previous "Crooked House" topics available on this site, that include postings, that I'm sure will include a rear view of the pub. These can be reached using the search feature on the top right of the page.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back