• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

the bulls head..pritchett st

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
the bulls head..pritchett st..

Attachments

• BULLS HEAD PRITCHETT ST BLEW ST 2003 A42 N9.jpg
    BULLS HEAD PRITCHETT ST BLEW ST 2003 A42 N9.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 10
sound good to me dek...:thumbsup:ive got plenty more pics to post over time...

Thanks for the photo Lyn, it looks rather forlorn, the photo you posted for me 3 years ago looked much better don't you think?

Does anyone know what number the Bulls Head was please. My G grandmother lived at 1 back of 36 Pritchett Street and I wondered if it was anywhere near. Thanks.
Lynne

Lynne
Assuming the numbering is 1,2,3 from the road, 1 back 36 is in blue. Bulls Head (appropriately ) is in red

mapc18891back36pritchettst.jpg

Just as a matter of interest the number of The Bulls head was 111, it was a great little pub that did fantastic sandwiches at lunchtime. When the pub opened for business there were hundreds of sandwiches stacked on the back bar, by closing time they were all gone. I don't think the local cafés did much trade.

Phil

The building is still there, sadly no longer a pub. It's Q A Lift Trucks. You can see it on Streetview if you type in 111 Pritchett Street Birmingham. Well at least the building is still standing. Viv.

Hiya i used to work at the top of pritchet street in 1977 i used to love going down the bulls head most days and sometimes of a night too, Bill and Desi used to run the place back then and there were lots of characters in that pub, the beer was second to none I worked at the midland fan co ltd where matalan is now.. Keith Reuben

Hiya, my brother terry cox also worked at Midland Fan.

tony
Hello Tony i know Terry i worked at the Jag with him and also you and terry kmow my brother Dave Reuben, im Keith Reuben. How is terry im back at jaguar now and afew people are still there from the ealy 80s when i was there with Terry, Another of Terrys mates from the fan is here he has been here about 3 years now and works with me, funny we was talking about Terry wednesday night and saying i wonder how he is and talking about the old days at the fan. Please let me know how terry is and im on facebook so is Dave. I havent been on here for ages but got an e mail saying you had commented so i came on here, nice one Tony speak to you soon. Keith

Hi Keith
Terry is fine we both work for IMI components in witton have done for six years now, terry is taking early retirement next year he will be 62, I've still got another 12 years or more. I remember Dave from our days at Truflo we had some good times then, tell Dave I'm still into photography and you can see some of my work at tonycoximages.co.uk. I've only just joined Birmingham History Forum as I was looking for some old photos of around aston, what a small world it is.

Tell Dave a few of his old work mates from Truflo have passed on now, including Steve Penker,and Steve Mansall.
Both of us are not on Facebook but I will tell terry we have chatted.

all the best Keith
Tony

Hi Keith
Terry is fine we both work for IMI components in witton have done for six years now, terry is taking early retirement next year he will be 62, I've still got another 12 years or more. I remember Dave from our days at Truflo we had some good times then, tell Dave I'm still into photography and you can see some of my work at tonycoximages.co.uk. I've only just joined Birmingham History Forum as I was looking for some old photos of around aston, what a small world it is.

Tell Dave a few of his old work mates from Truflo have passed on now, including Steve Penker,and Steve Mansall.
Both of us are not on Facebook but I will tell terry we have chatted.

all the best Keith
Tony
Hello Tony, iv jut spoke to Dave and told him you been in touch he was well chuffed he said he aint seen you or Terry in years, and he was saying that kevin jones (BONER) was asking about Terry too he aint seen hin in 40 years, i said to Dave you should arrange a get together while you still can The old fan lads, the bloke at jag Dave Avery (Agro) who was an apprentice with Terry and our Peter would definately go, anyway Dave said get you e mail address, or ask you if you could join facebook so he can keep in touch, he is going to look at you site, hes still into photography too. Ok Remember me to Terry and if theres a get together im sure we can get a few of the old fan lads. Keith

Back