• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

The Abbey St Thomas's Grammar/secondary Erdington

Lets see if I can get the team photo up, ok, done. click on it to make it viewable.

On the back row
Mr Nash (on the left), then Kelleher (I think), Lockhead, Wright GK, Train, not sure of the last one, and Headmaster Doherty
Front/middle row
Givens, Craddock, Hampsey (RIP) Burns? Phipps
Front left, Harris (I Think)
Front right, Warner (me)

Attachments

• school team.jpg
    school team.jpg
    923.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
A Visit to Erdington. Great video,Thanks for sharing. But would have loved to be able to listen to the commentary. If you are a bit hard of hearing the music makes it difficult.

hello all, still trying to get some feedback to years 1961 to 1965 at st thomas of canterbury Erdington. if any class members are out there. our main teacher was mr Moore history, and mr Fantham music. many thankbs

hello all, still trying to get some feedback to years 1961 to 1965 at st thomas of canterbury Erdington. if any class members are out there. our main teacher was mr Moore history, and mr Fantham music. many thankbs
Hi Paul, I was there till 1967, I dont remember Mr Moore, but Mr Fantham was our music teacher, Our English teacher Miss ? was in the old Nissan huts around the back, it had a coke heater in the back. My form teacher was Mr Fitzsimons who was vicious. I was two years below you but I remember your name. Do you recall Stan Kudril I think thats how it was spelt,?
He played for England Schoolboys, we went to Wembley to cheer him on. There was a boy called Summerfield, he could have been in your year, I'm sure he played pro football. My memory is not good and sketchy at best, maybe it'll come back sometime
Regards
John Warner

Hi Paul, I was there till 1967, I dont remember Mr Moore, but Mr Fantham was our music teacher, Our English teacher Miss ? was in the old Nissan huts around the back, it had a coke heater in the back. My form teacher was Mr Fitzsimons who was vicious. I was two years below you but I remember your name. Do you recall Stan Kudril I think thats how it was spelt,?
He played for England Schoolboys, we went to Wembley to cheer him on. There was a boy called Summerfield, he could have been in your year, I'm sure he played pro football. My memory is not good and sketchy at best, maybe it'll come back sometime
Regards
John Warner
hello boilerman, Stan was in my class, together with Jimmy Fry, Christopher Sutton , John Lagan, Michael Smythe , William Burford won the midlands cross country for schools, this is to name but a few. hope this helps. regards Paul

Bit late on this Paul, sorry. I used to get notifications about posts on here, but they've stopped.

I definitely remember Burford, or Bill Burford as we used to call him:)

I was there in the early to mid 60's, Was Andrew Owen then! Someone mentioned Eugene Reynolds in an earlier post. He has been a dentist for many decades. Still practising I believe. In Sheldon, by The Wheatsheaf. If anyone remembers me, drop me a note. [email protected]

Back