• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Thank you eric

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
thought i would share this lovely painting of the globe inn hospital st/william st north that eric has kindly done for me...all he had to go on was a very scratchy sketch that i have that came out of an old book...luckily enough is also came with a good discription as well such as the colour of the brickwork etc..eric i think you have done a wonderful job...you have bought back to life the pub where dad was born which was raised to the ground during a bombing raid in 1940 and even if i fail in finding a photograph of it this painting will always take pride of place in my home...

thank you

lyn x

globe inn framed.jpg

Last edited:
It another classic Eric, great work. He really does capture something special in his paintings, I love them.

morning mort....its wonderful isnt it just for clarification its william st north to the left of the painting and hospital st to the right..just a bit of waste land there now...

lyn

What a lovely painting of the pub where your dad was born. It is amazing that Eric has managed to paint it from just an old sketchy picture and a description. Well done Eric - your talent and your kindness are incredible.

Another beautiful painting by Eric. You'll be able to start your own gallery soon Lyn!

Another beautiful painting by Eric. You'll be able to start your own gallery soon Lyn!

charlie i already have a gallery of erics wonderful paintings...all the way up me stairs and landing..lol

lyn

Back