• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

tesco. coventry road small heath

mhemery

master brummie
I remember this Branch of Tesco Opening I think it was 1964 I was about 9 yrs old, the reason I remember it was because it was being opened by Comedian And Film star, Tommy Trinder , I queued up and got his Autograph, He told me I was Lucky. Don,t know what happened to it, OR the Autograph. Michael

I used to work at this Tesco's from 1979 to 1982. I remember Mr Homer the manager. Karen hockey/haughey, cilla Johnston, Gonk ( nickname) harry the butcher. A girl I can't remember her name but she worked in the little tobacco booth and always had amazing eye make up. Twin brothers, can't remember their names but one of them was engaged to Carolyn? Ruth who worked in home and wear. I wonder where they all are now? And if anyone will see this post? Caroline Piper( maiden name)

Back