• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Taylor Henry

Sleepybarb

master brummie
My Grandfather Henry was one of five brothers born to Henry and Emma Taylor.She remarried and became Emma Harvey,but I'm having a problem locating the family prior to 1881.
Sleepybarb

Is this some of them?.Alice matches from the 1881 census

Henry TaylorAge:36 Estimated Birth Year:abt 1835 Relation:Head Spouse's Name:EmmaGender:MaleWhere born:Erdington, Warwickshire, EnglandCivil Parish:Aston Ecclesiastical parish:Church Aston Town:Aston Manor County/Island:Warwickshire Country:England Street address:

Condition as to marriage:

Disability:

View Image
Registration district:AstonSub-registration district:ErdingtonED, institution, or vessel:34Neighbors:View others on page Household schedule number:4Household Members:NameAgeAnn Doyle20 Alice Taylor3 Emma Taylor29 Henry Taylor36 View
Original
Record

View original image
View

Barb, I think Mrs T thought that this family could have been your man's parents and one of his sisters.
I would agree with Mrs T as Alice is a match from 1881.

POM :angel:

Sleepybarb is correct, there were a lot of Taylors in the Birmingham area at that time. I have in my tree:

My grandmother:
Alice Taylor born c1884.
Her siblings:
Leah born c1881
Henry born c1886
George born c1888
Charles born c1890
Lillian born c 1892
Ethel born c1894
Daisy born c1896
Their father:
Henry born c1861, married to Phoebe Nicholls born c1862
Henry's father:
Henry born c1816 married to Maria Adcock b c1828 and Mary Manton b c1835.
I suppose there could be a link SOMEWHERE in there with other Taylors in the area. E.

Back