• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

TAYLER, Margaret P

UmEthaar

Brummie babby
I'm looking for Margaret P TAYLER nee Linton (b. 1875 Birmingham). Her husband was Thomas Charles Tayler born 1873 London and she had at least two children in Birmingham - Marguerita Kathleen in 1900 and Leonard Linton C. in 1901.
In 1901 census they were in Bristol Street Edgbaston where Thomas was a confectioner and baker employer.
I can find no trace of any one of them in the 1911 census and their names don't show up on shipping passenger lists.
Any help is appreciated.

Re: Margaret P Tayler

Not much help in your quest, but they couldn't have been there for long, as the 1900 Kellys (which might hav ebeen complied for 1899) shows Thomas Morrison Latimer, confectioner, at 209 Bristol St (where census puts, your thomas), and the 1903 Kellys shows Walter Hawley . confectioner at 209. there is no thomas C Taylor listed in either of these Kellys, (though in both there is a Thomas W. Taylor, confectioner at 384 Bearwood road, Smethwick).
Mike

I also had a look at the electoral rolls upto 1955 and couldnt find a Thomas Charles Taylor.

Many thanks for taking the time and trouble to reply to my message. As Margaret's sister left UK for Canada I am wondering if Margaret possibly did the same. Need to do a lot more work on this and am grateful for your input.

Could this be Mrs Margaret Taylor,Leonard and "Rita"?
No sign of Thomas,though.

Departure date:
10 September 1903
Port of departure:Liverpool
Destination port:Montreal
Destination country:Canada
Ship:BAVARIAN

Attachments

• taylor.JPG
    taylor.JPG
    9.6 KB · Views: 2

Thank you SO much Ladylinda - you have found the family I have been searching for for years! I am very grateful to you.

Thank you - this is definitely my family - and a bonus that I have also found Margaret's brother who is with the family too although I know he returned to UK and married.

You have been a great help.

Back