• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Tailor apprenticeship records

sheronb

master brummie
I am off to the library to hopefully look at the tailor records from St Marys Harbourne. Has anyone ever seen these, I'd like to know what info they hold. Many thanks.

Oooh I shall watch this thread with interest as one of my ancestors was a tailor in Brum & I've wondered where he served his apprenticeship. Good luck in your search sheronb.:thumbsup:

If you are looking for earlier apprentice records 1710 to 1760 there is a publication called warwickshire Apprentices and their masters published by the Dugdale Society.

A transcript index of names been put on the Hunimex Warwickshire Website and if you locate a name in your family the Birmingham City Archives have a copy of the original book to look up details.

https://www.hunimex.com/warwick/Warks%20Apprentices%20and%20Masters%201710-60.html

You could also look at the National Archives and search indexes for Birmingham.

Louisa

Thanks for that Louisa, mine are later than that, early 1800s. Good site that though! Will try the NA.

Back