• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Sutton Park - Druids Well @ Bracebridge Pool

tonyoz777

proper brummie kid
Can anyone help with some directions as to how to find the Druids Well at Bracebridge. I was up there with the kids on Sunday and we couldn't find it anywhere - none of the park maps I've seen seem to make it very clear as to where exactly it is. We walked down the roadway to the restaurant and then followed the path to the right which skirts the edge of the pool - the path with the little wooden bridges.

Anyone any ideas ??

Thanks

Tony, Dave M is the person to ask. Look at the first thread to Sutton Park started by him. I will send him a message and am sure he will oblige. Jean.

Found it and confirmed by a ranger, pics and directions in time, kettle on, Thanks GG Dave

Druids Well from Bracebridge Pool there are two paths, as in the pics, take either path, after a very short walk, the two paths meet, within feet as in the pic with the larger tree, go left, not on a marked path, Druids Well should soon appear, in pic others to follow.

My first visit to the Druids Well, just off the pathways, but hidden,
the mesh structure to the right of the well, would have stood upright in the past, might be connected to (recent) Druids,

Dave can you get to it throught the gate at the back of the Parson?. I think that's where you said before. Jean.

Sorry Dave I do get things mixed up shouln't have been so idle and gone back to the begining of the thread. Jean.

Many many thanks for your help Dave M and GG Jean

The kids will be chuffed with my "magical powers" in finding it now

Cheers

TonyOz

hi dave..many thanks for the pics and directions...i shall go a hunting for it...

lyn

just to let you know that we found the well okay last weekend. very grateful to both Dave M and GG Jean for your help

the kids (6yr old and 3yr old) found it quite magical - a good way for them to spend the morning off the computer games by going out into the real world for a mini adventure.

thanks again

Back