• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Sutton James H

JoanH

knowlegable brummie
:redface: Hello Brainy Brummies, as my brain is almost dead I need some help with this one please. My second cousin Gladys Griffiths married a James Ha Sutton in 1934. Obviously I wasnt born then!!!!! The family story went:- Jimmy Sutton died in a Motor Cycle accident in the T.T. Races on the Isle of mann. I have looked at all avenues but am unable to trace James having been killed there. Are there any old:) members that may remember this accident. I would have thought it related back to the 40 -50s. I have Googles ect. but no joy:crying2: Please can someone help me out.
JoanH:notlooking:

names Im searching Hunt Griffiths and Adderley

thanking you all in anticipation

There is a death for a James H Sutton on FreeBMD

Mar. 1930 B'Ham S. vol 6d page 150 age 58.

Thank yiou Brummie, but no that wasnt my Sutton. Mine married in 1934 so it would have had to have been in the very late 40s or early 50s when he died.
Now for another puzzle:redface: How on earth do you find out if a person left England? I have been trying to find Lilian Maud Hunt 1882 for 3yrs Not a mention after 1901 in Deaths or Marriages so I can only surmise she emigrated. Is there a way of tracking Passports or Letters as was given in those days!!!:explode:
Any ideas would be gratedully received. Birmingham Central Library was no good for me. JoanH

Thank youBrummie, but no that wasnt my Sutton. Mine married in 1934 so it would have had to have been in the very late 40s or early 50s when he died.
Now for another puzzle:redface: How on earth do you find out if a person left England? I have been trying to find Lilian Maud Hunt 1882 for 3yrs Not a mention after 1901 in Deaths or Marriages so I can only surmise she emigrated. Is there a way of tracking Passports or Letters as was given in those days!!!:explode:
Any ideas would be gratedully received. Birmingham Central Library was no good for me. JoanH

Back