• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Sansum, Ladywood

Steve,

The nearest entry I can find to his birth date is on the 1891 Census - Fred Samson son of Edward & Mary Ann SAMSON of 3 House 27 Court Camden Street. His father was a blacksmith, mother not working and he had 5 older siblings.

Maurice :cool:

Steve,

The nearest entry I can find to his birth date is on the 1891 Census - Fred Samson son of Edward & Mary Ann SAMSON of 3 House 27 Court Camden Street. His father was a blacksmith, mother not working and he had 5 older siblings.

Thanks for your post Maurice
I think this is the closest to him but his mother is'nt working nor is she on 1911 census but only has daughter with her.
Another snippet I was given was that he may have worked for Fletchers don't know anything about them.
Steveo

Yes, employers' names are not a lot of use as they don't appear on official documents, or very very rarely.

I think we need something concrete. Year/place of death? Place of birth?
I've no idea of his date of birth just that according to one of my 'Aunts', he was about 12/15 years older then my paternal grandmother or 'Auntie' Rose as we called her born Dec.1901, and that he had a brother William & might have worked at Fletchers. I think born in Birmingham.
Steveo

On the 1901 census there is a Frederick Sansum b1880 & Frederick Sansom b1885.

Frederick Sansum b1880 is listed as a Warehouseman & Nail Works. Boarder of a George Gibson.

Frederick Sansom b1885 is listed as a Jeweller. Boarder of an Elizabeth Mills.

There is a Frederick Sansum reg in Aston 1880.
There is a birth of a Frederick Sansom reg in Birmingham 1887. I think this one may have died the same year.

Last edited:
There is a Frederick Sansum reg in Aston 1880.
There is a birth of a Frederick Sansom reg in Birmingham 1887. I think this one may have died the same year.
Thanks for your help on this one but I think 1880 is too old & I found the 1887 one who appears to be a twin with George & they are both deceased 1887
Steveo

Back