• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Summerfield Hospital - locating residents' information

Sarah R

Brummie babby
Hi - my GG-grandmother was admitted to Summerfield Hospital sometime in the late 1940s to early 1950s. I don't know her full name but she was a Wilson by marriage and I have her husband's and son's names. I think she died there 1950 or soon after, but I don't know the exact date. Is there any way I can check for her records? Would she have been buried anywhere in particular so I could trace a death/burial record? (I think the family had very little money). Thank you for any suggestions!

If you give the names you know someone should be able to work things out.
Hi - yes, it was William Wilson (husband) and Walter Wilson (son). Walter was married to Agnes (nee Taylor). Walter and Agnes lived at Osborne Road around that time. Not sure if William was still alive as I haven't been able to track him down.

They appear to have previously lived in Barford St and Woodstock Road.

No luck wth his mom yet though.

They appear to have previously lived in Barford St and Woodstock Road.

No luck wth his mom yet though.
Hi - how interesting, I knew about Woodstock Rd (no. 55) but had no idea about Barford Street - do you know when they were there? Was it just Walter and Agnes at this address? Thanks :)

Some records are at Birmingham Library Archives but many are closed because of confidentiality under the 100 year rule.
1607900829475.png

Back