• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Summer meet up on the day 2015

hi folks what a smashing meet up we had today and the sun did shine after all...many thanks to everyone who was able to attend and i hope all of our newbies enjoyed it...firstly a big thanks to all for raising £201 for our forum funds...this along with what was already in the pot will keep the forum running until after christmas...

thanks to kelly for helping with the raffle and to the owl for folding all those tickets lol and for bringing his books for us to buy... i think nearly everyone won something as there were so many prizes donated...cyril hayward won one of erics paintings and he was chuffed to bits with it..we had such a laff with the raffle because poor old mayfield (mabz) just could not win anything so in the end he was given a prize lol

i think quite a few of us took photos so hopefully some will be posted soon..i only took a few...will sort them out later on...morturn had to leave before the raffle draw but mort you won 2 prizes...a pubs book and a trams and trolly bus dvd....will pass them on when i see you next time

once again thanks to you all for supporting the forum and keeping it running...would not be possible without your kindness and generosity....

lyn x

Last edited:
Well I appear to be the first004.JPG005.JPG007.JPG008.JPG, won a bottle of wine in the raffle, another first !! Every body seemed to be enjoying themselves, I know I did. Eric

thanks for your photos eric...so pleased you won something...here are my photos folks...

Attachments

• SUMMER MEET UP 22..8.15 001.JPG
    SUMMER MEET UP 22..8.15 001.JPG
    707 KB · Views: 89
  • SUMMER MEET UP 22..8.15 002.JPG
    SUMMER MEET UP 22..8.15 002.JPG
    748.9 KB · Views: 83
  • SUMMER MEET UP 22..8.15 004.JPG
    SUMMER MEET UP 22..8.15 004.JPG
    720.3 KB · Views: 86
  • SUMMER MEET UP 22..8.15 005.JPG
    SUMMER MEET UP 22..8.15 005.JPG
    702.8 KB · Views: 79
  • SUMMER MEET UP 22..8.15 006.JPG
    SUMMER MEET UP 22..8.15 006.JPG
    649.8 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
pic 4 is of the owl (stephen) doing a grand job of folding the raffle tickets..

Attachments

• SUMMER MEET UP 22..8.15 007.JPG
    SUMMER MEET UP 22..8.15 007.JPG
    671.5 KB · Views: 64
  • SUMMER MEET UP 22..8.15 008.JPG
    SUMMER MEET UP 22..8.15 008.JPG
    723.9 KB · Views: 64
  • SUMMER MEET UP 22..8.15 009.JPG
    SUMMER MEET UP 22..8.15 009.JPG
    761 KB · Views: 67
  • SUMMER MEET UP 22..8.15 003.JPG
    SUMMER MEET UP 22..8.15 003.JPG
    732.5 KB · Views: 61
My first time, very nice crowd of people I must say and nice to start putting a few faces and names together

Steve R

Those raffle tickets took some folding I can tell you!

Thanks for the warm welcome and thanks also to all the people who bought copies of my books - it has really helped towards covering my costs.

glad you had a good time stephen was good to meet you and i have just promoted you to official ticket folder you did such a good job lol

steve good to see you there as well...we must sort out a visit to your police museum soon as there is a lot of interest in it....

lyn

Had a super afternoon, thanks Lyn for organising everything, what a great amount for forum funds, well done everybody.
Lynne.

Brilliant day was had by all, I won a couple of prizes in the raffle one of which I gave to Vicki. Lovely food as all ways, nice see some new faces as well as familiar ones. Thanks for organising Lyn job well done

Kelly

First time visitor - with thanks to everyone concerned - I had a lovely time - met a lot of new friends and came home with a wonderful picture of the cut at Gas Street Basin - unfortunately I wasn't able to meet the brilliant artist and thank him personally but hope to do so next time - which cannot come quick enough for me - looking forward to the Christmas get- together. .
best regards to all
Cyril Hayward

I agree with everything that has been said, a good afternoon in good company. I sometimes wonder if we appreciate enough what a diamond we have in Lyn. Thanks Lyn for all your hard work.

Thank you Lyn and everyone for such a warm welcome - Cyril - Lindsay and I had a great time and met some lovely friendly people and look forward to the next get-together.
Best wishes
Pat

pat..cyril and lindsay it was a pleasure to meet you all today and so pleased that you had the newbie good luck in winning an eric lol...i must introduce you to him next time...

lyn

I agree with everything that has been said, a good afternoon in good company. I sometimes wonder if we appreciate enough what a diamond we have in Lyn. Thanks Lyn for all your hard work.

phil you cant see me but i am blushing now lol...i know ive said this many times before but for those of you who know me you will also know that this forum and its wonderful members has got me through so many bad times since i joined...it has helped me stay sane (well almost ) and kept me focused...i need no thanks as the history of birmingham is my passion and if i can walk away at the end of a meet up knowing that everyone has had a good time then that is reward enough for me as all i am doing is giving a little bit back to you all...

thanks phil...

Last edited:
Yet again Lyn you organised a wonderful meet-up at the Bull. It also makes these events more enjoyable to realise that they raise some much needed funds for this wonderful forum. I would also like to thank everyone for being wonderful company especially the newbee Haywood family - they were really entertaining.

Finally, the Villa losing and not winning a raffle prize couldn't tarnish my enjoyment today......… Mabz x

PatHaywood, Glad you like the Gas Street basin painting, have painted that view many times, summer and winter over the years, canals are one of my favourite subjects, particularly Gas Street. Eric

Hello Eric - so sorry we didn't get to meet you although looking at some of the photographs we almost got to say hello as in one picture I think-you were standing next to our daughter Lindsay - am I right?
we are delighted that Cyril was the lucky recipient of your painting and I can promise you that we shall get such a lot of pleasure from it.
Thank you Eric
best wishes - Pat Hayward

pat post 4 pic 1 does show eric standing next to lindsay...

mabz it was good to see you again..hope to see more of you now you have retired oh and we have chelsea tomorrow..oh dear lol...

lyn

Hi Lyn,

Did you happen to see the photo of my old school, Moseley School of Art? Not sure if it's still there. Hope to make it next year...keep up the good work!

Dave A

Thanks for a lovely meet up everyone. Special thanks to Lyn for her hard graft to make it happen. Shall put some photos up later.. Viv.

As usual, Lyn did a great job (good luck against Chelski today) and The Bull was, as ever, a great venue. Good to meet the usual suspects as well as some new faces.

Feast yer eyes ....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    780.2 KB · Views: 85
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    835.1 KB · Views: 73
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    833.4 KB · Views: 78
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    826.9 KB · Views: 73
Some more ....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    879.6 KB · Views: 64
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    597.9 KB · Views: 66
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    857.2 KB · Views: 70
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    759.7 KB · Views: 62
And more ...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    809 KB · Views: 59
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    896.6 KB · Views: 58
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    692.9 KB · Views: 66
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    582.9 KB · Views: 58
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    775.7 KB · Views: 60
Yet more ...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    775.7 KB · Views: 45
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    749.1 KB · Views: 41
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    904.1 KB · Views: 43
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    746.4 KB · Views: 44
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    816.6 KB · Views: 47
And on ....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    727.7 KB · Views: 48
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    899.1 KB · Views: 41
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    750.4 KB · Views: 51
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    816.2 KB · Views: 46
morning viv those are smashing photos..i see you waited until i couldnt escape the camera to snap me lol....like the one of me holding onto me little bag of raffle tickets lol...nice one of mikejee frantically holding up his winning ticket post 28 pic 3 and what am i doing behind jim post 27 pic 4...hes looking very surprised ha ha...as he is not behind his pc until he gets back to wales we will have to wait to see what he says...

great to see you david and thanks for the good luck with the footie today..i fear we shall need it...

dave yes i did see the photo of moselely art school and i asked someone with a far better camera than mine to take pics of it in sections....cant remember now but did you say you are on it

lyn

Last edited:
Glad you all had a good time. Great photos especially that handsome fellow Mayfield...Long time no see mate.

Back