• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Summer Lane - Troman

GazSutton

master brummie
Is there any way that I could find out if and when any of the Troman family lived in Summer Lane - been told they lived there in the 50's..
Many thanks,
Gary Troman.

Could go into central library and search for free using the electrol rolls they have there, not sure if they are still available with the move and that thats going on

cant see any tromans in summer lane apart from a thomas troman at 395 summer lane in 1925

Yo Gaz,

"Summer Lane" was a rather generic name for that particular area of B,ham so the Troman,s probably
lived just "off the Lane" maybe Geach St, Farm St, Guildford St, etc loads of em.
We lived off a very small street "Ormond St" at end of Farm St over Summer Lane but always our
family referred to living @ Summer Lane

the tromans lived in up cromwell square [ cromwell terrace ] lichfield road aston birmingham 6
they was at the bottom of our terrace in the fiftys we use to peep through there front windows on a sunday to watch there colour tv as we had not got one
if they spotted us they would shout go away you noisey people ; and we would rumn back up the yard to our own end ; it could have been number 18-19 in the terrace in the fiftys astonian;;

the tromans lived in up cromwell square [ cromwell terrace ] lichfield road aston birmingham 6
they was at the bottom of our terrace in the fiftys we use to peep through there front windows on a sunday to watch there colour tv as we had not got one
if they spotted us they would shout go away you noisey people ; and we would rumn back up the yard to our own end ; it could have been number 18-19 in the terrace in the fiftys astonian;;
Do yo know if their names were Bob and Amy?

hi gaz ;
i hope you have a merry christmas ; but sorry i cannot recall there christian names at the moment but i will search my brain ;
there is quite afew names up the terrace [square ] i cannot just think of i know and recall the postion of the house
and they was about four -five doors from our aunts door in the terace and i just cnnot recall her surname it was [ joyce and lear was the relies name but the tromans i just canot think just yet ;but i will asked any of my brothers if they recall there names there was eight of us up that terrace we was the largest family up there stuck in that one up and down tiny house behind thompsons slaughter walls
unless some one from the forum may be able to do a quick check on the electrol roll for those years of the last years of 1954 - onwards to fifty 6 years ;
gaz ; happy new year tou ; best wishes astonian;;

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you too..
Thank you for the information...
If it was my nan and grandad, they had sons and a daughter(my uncles and aunts):-Hilary,Bob(James William(jnr), Stanley, Darrel and Keith.

We had Tromans living next door to us at number 5 Cedar Drive, Erdington, in the early 50's. I can't remember their christian names, but I believe their daughter was a Margaret Troman, she would be about 65/68 now.

Marriages Jun 1931
Amy E Hancox married James W Troman Birmingham 6d 1057
Births Dec 1931
James W Troman mmn Hancox W.Bromwich 6b 1057
Births Jun 1935
Stanley G Troman mmn Hancox Birmingham 6d 43
Births Dec 1937
Hilary C J Troman mmn Hancox Birmingham 6d 27
Births Sep 1941
Darrall P Troman mmn Hancox Birmingham 6d 113
Births Jun 1944
Keith M A Troman mmn Hancox Birmingham 6d 47

1935 at 5 Grove Lane
James William Troman, Amy Elizabeth Troman
1945-1950 at 91 HATHERSAGE ROAD
James William Troman, Amy Elizabeth Troman
1955 living at 306 Wheeler Street
James W Troman (sen), Amy E Troman, James W Troman (jun),Edna J Troman.
Marriages Jun 1953
James W TROMAN married Edna J WILLS Birmingham 9c 389
(1960 living at 100 Derrydown Road)
Marriages Dec 1958
Hilary C J TROMAN married Barry G MADDOCKS Birmingham 9c 327
(1960 living at 314 Rocky Lane)

HI LADYLINDA
I Am following this thread of gazza,s with the tromans and on your latest report there was a edna wills of deerryman rd
would you know where is it please ;could thid be the wills family of nechells as i knew bryan wills when young way back in the early fifties
and i was wondering whether or not they are brother and sister or related could she had been the sister to bryan wills of the nechells family ;
when i first came to this forum afew years back now i did rty to track the wills family of nechells in the earlyfifties ;
the way i see it nobody as clocked a tromans family of lichfield rd on the electrol roll; i was pondering as to why ;
happy new year linda ; best wishes alan ; astonian;;

I cannot thank you all enough for the information above especially the 'ladylinda' post thats answers some(a lot) of my questions..
For instance I always knew my Grandad as Bob Troman, not knowing his reall name was James William(snr).

Alan(Astonian), Edna Wills was my mother(married to James William Troman(jnr)also know as Bob or Bobby), we lived at 100 Derrydown Road, Perry Barr(over looking Perry Hall Park.

A BIG thanks again to you all.

Back