• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Storey/Reader,May/Alice/John?/Kay

Pamelawagster

Brummie babby
Looking for Storey and Reader. May Storey married name Reader,Daughter Kay.
Alice Storey! (not sure if ever married ) son John.
May and Alice both deceased but unable to find records for Mays BMD despite extensive searching online.
Have Alices birth but no other records found and nothing on either children!
The family lived on Irving St,Lea Bank.
Do not live in Birmingham so unable to search other than online!Any help or tips.

Pamela, try this sitE.................https://www.wdhs.org.uk

I am from a Story family. if you would like to send me a pm with some connecting names i will have a look for you. Catkin:)

Just found this, i know i have more paperwork on the stories but i can't locate it as yet. I am not sure if this email address is defunct but you can try it. Do-not give out anymore informatiion than you need to. this is how i found it.

STOREY STORY STORIE

[email protected]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Pamela

Give us the birth details for Alice, that will at least give us a starting point to search from.

bren

Hi,Alices birth was registerd JFM quarter 1920 6d 797.Mothers maiden name Noble family living at Irving St at this time.
Pam.

Hi Pamela

Sorry, hadn't forgot you, just busy, just looking through my notes and can't make it out so will start again LOL.
Don't know if you already have this marriage --

Walter Henry Storey/Ethel Noble 3rd qtr 1907 Lincoln 7a 1223

bren

I HAVE Reason To Beleive The Early Generation ,Like Most Of The Old Family s
Came FromHoneybourne . The Old Days In The 17, And 18 , And 19th Centuary
It Was Known As Cow Honeybourne In Eversham, And I KnowPersonally There Was
A Family With HistoryAttached To ThemCalled Storey,s Whom Lived And Worked ,
And Owned Land In Honeybourne Village Which Is Listed In The Dooms Day Book ,
There Is A Special Book That Was Printed InHoneybourne By The Local Printer
But You Cannot OBTAIN One For Love Nor Money , A Very Limited Number Was Printed There Are Pics Of The Storey Family Through Out Generations And The Stories To Go With Them And There Accidents , And Death,s And When They Played In The Village Football TeamAnd When In The Village School Days As I Said Quite Afew Familys Moved To B,ham In The Late 1800.S And Early 1900,S YouMay Have Historicle Tree
Of Family Connections , Best Wishes ASTONIAN ,;;;

Back