• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

stirrup cup brays road sheldon

Phil600

proper brummie kid
hi there people has anybody out there got any memories of the stirrup cup in sheldon birmingham? I can not remember when it closed also I have a vague recall of the outlaws biker gang having a dispute with the birmingham city zulus there. Can anybody remember what year that was and what month the biker zulu dispute went on. many thanks.

Hi Phil

I have no idea why or when the Stirrup Cup closed or what caused the closure, it being one of the few pubs in Birmingham that I never used. The first photo attached was taken in 2013 when the pub was being converted into the shop that it is now, so I would hazard a guess that it closed sometime in the preceding 12 months or so. The second photo is just a reminder of how it used to look.

Stirrup Cup 2013.jpgSheldon Horrell Rd Stirrup Cup (2).jpg

Last edited:
I used to work there when Elsie and Johnny Jones used to run it, about late 60's.
hi bit of long shot, bit John and Elsie were my great uncle and aunt and I'm trying to find out about what happened to them - can you shed any light please? My dad thinks they ran other pubs in the past aswell but not sure?

Back