• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Stirchley & District Billiards and Snooker league

Lawful Tapestry

Hello all.

I am looking for anyone who may have some history or knowledge about the Stirchley & District Snooker League. The league has been running for many years (1934) is as far back as i can find, the results of which used to be published in the Sports Argus paper every Saturday. I have discovered some articles published on the British Newspaper Archives site which inspired me to post this thread. I really feel that the S&DSL is an important part of Birmingham's history and it is sad that there appears to be very little historical information available.
The league is still running to this day (although not thriving as it once did).
I currently play for a team in Bournville and we would really love to be able to create a historical time line which we could share with our club, the rest of the league and the S&DSL committee.
So, if anyone used to play, still plays or knows someone who did and would like to share any information, i would be very grateful indeed.

Back