• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Stickers in rear windows

Bernard67Arnold

master brummie
Do you remember when it was all the rage to have a sticker in your car back window, Mother in Law in Boot
was a popular one, some years ago I was driving through Old Normanton (the Allum Rock of Derby) and
I saw this old car with a sticker which read"Me no daft, Me no silly, Me put condom on my willie "
take care now, Bernard Quote Save water Shower with a friend

I used to have a very provocative sign that said "YES, ACTUALLY I DO OWN THE ROAD". After making a silly mistake on the road (as we all do occasionally) a driver took this sign in entirely the wrong way so I decided to remove it. The only sign I frequently now see is "BABY ON BOARD". And......

Last one I saw was " Show Dogs on Board". As if I was interested. The one I liked was " Pensioners on tour. Spending the Kids inheritance."

I love the humour in some window and bumper stickers.

"If you can read this, you're too close!"

I gave one to an ex for his Morris Minor - 'this car won't age it won't go over 40'

I have some on my 2CV's boot lid:-

• 'don't let the car fool you, I'm not a hippy, I like violence'
  • 'it's not a car, it's a way of life' or 'ceci ne pad une voiture, c'est un arte de vivre'
  • '2cver's do it bouncily'
Can't wait to get her back on the road, more smiles per mile!:biggrin:

I've seen a white Citroen 2cv van with "Van Blanc" as its name, and another rather ratty one called "Van Ordinaire"!

The "..do it.." ones can be amusing too.

"Young Farmers do it in their wellies"
"Electricians do it till it Hertz"
etc

Yes those are the funny ones, I remember back in the sixties it was popular to buy a window sticker from every place you visited, car rear windows and side windows were covered in them, and also the rows of pennants flying off the wing mounted radio aerials, It was upmarket to have a few foriegn ones in amongst them as well.

Goffy

Do you remember when it was all the rage to have a sticker in your car back window, Mother in Law in Boot
was a popular one, some years ago I was driving through Old Normanton (the Allum Rock of Derby) and
I saw this old car with a sticker which read"Me no daft, Me no silly, Me put condom on my willie "
take care now, Bernard Quote Save water Shower with a friend

They're still about. Two weeks before Xmas I was following an old Fiesta with an oldish white haired chap driving (nothing wrong with that!) but the sticker in the back window read " Actually I can go slower" Brilliant - I want one........

Up here in the Leeds area, not a sticker, but actually sign written on a van belonging to a flat-roof sealant company -

Proprietor : Titus A Duxass

Daughter who is a red head and has a temper to match has " 0 to bitch in 60 seconds" on her car - guess who put it there- her Dad! I also saw the other day, and I dont know if you have them in UK, a number plate surround on a Volvo Stationwagon (late model) it was parked in the Supermarket and this very elegant and immaculatley dressed lady blue rinse and all, who was well in her 70's got in - it said "If you can read this you are to F----g close" now that in its self is not funny but attached to the car and the owner we cracked up.

A sign on an Asian builders van you have tried the cowboys now try the indians , womens circles do it for love Bernie

Never had a sticker in my car rear window, but I was daft enough to have a 'tiger tail' hanging out of my boot....many years ago I might add.
I saw a car the other day with a 'Baby on Board' sticker, and by the way it was being driven, I thought the baby was driving !:)

Right about the baby driving I remember years ago, this fella was driving about 25 miles an hour up the Hagley Road toward five ways, as he did not appear to be in any hurry and I was, I over took him. after I had passed him by about a vehicle lengh He then floored it came along side me swerved into me causing me to brake stopping within a hairbreadth of the back of his car. He then got out and asked me what the ****! I was playing at informing me that he had his wife and kids in the car. As I wasn,t playing at anything and the 2.4litre Ohc Bedford Cf van I was driving was clearly not causing any obstuction to him. I was not sure whether to laugh out loud, or not . however I did instead inquire as to, "Why then? was he driving like a Pr**?" . He then reflected about what he said about his wife and kids in the car.went all quite and went back to his car.
Its a funny thing this road rage.

I have seen ' IF YOU CAN READ THIS I'VE LOST MY CARAVAN'

Remember when teenagers started driving around with their own names stuck on the top of the front windscreen ?

My mate had Wayne & Susan stuck on his for about a fortnight then it was Wayne & Judy for a month followed by Rachael & so it went on, in the end he want back to Judy & married her :rolleyes:

Back