• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Steve's Funeral - Our thoughts are with you Lyn

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am still away in turkey lyn but i have been thinking about you and the family and my heart goes out to you all. i have read your post about the funeral and it sounds as if it was a fantastic event for you all to honour steve and say your goodbyes. love to you all, chris xxx

Lyn, sorry again that I could not get to Ste's funeral but it sounds like he had the send off he well and truly deserved Rest in peace mate.

Sorry this is late but have been away and without a computer. Lyn I am so glad all went well for Steve's funeral I did think of you all on the day. Wend x

thanks wend..i cant tell you how much support ive received off everyone...you have all been wonderful..thank you all so much...

lyn:)

Wendy, Lyn was a rock on the day and the service may not have suited everyone but it was right up my street. Stairway to Heaven , when we went in and Bat Out Of hell at the send off.
I believe that Steve is STILL smiling about it all.
It was a great honour for me to be present and an even bigger honour to know the family. People like this are hard to find these days, I am very humbled.

jim..after the funeral i was told that when the 2nd song was played (mr blue skies) there was some foot tapping going on behind me...:) well me and our kim were actually singing as ive said before it was a celebration of his life....steve never complained once thoughout his illness which amazed me greatly..his last words to me was thank you for standing by me love..there was never any question in my mind that i would do that right to the end....it was steves day and i am taking great comfort knowing that he had the send off he wanted...and i cant be sad about that can i...

thank you all again....you are all truely amazing brummies....

lyn..xx

Last edited:
At Lyns request I have now locked the thread.
Steve, it was a pleasure to know you, R.I.P.
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back