• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

STEPHENS family..

M

Marlene

Kia Ora
Greetings from New Zealand
My great grandies left B'ham & family in 1878. I am tracking forward!
I am hoping someone might have some (recent date) ideas for me!

I have George Ernest STEPHENS (born 1876) in my tree. He married Fanny Gertrude Lucy Dudley (born 1881) in 1901.

George Ernest died 1917 at Godeswaersvelde and at that time Fanny and the family lived at 787 Alum Rock Rd. Fanny Gertrude Lucy Stephens died 1948.
I am now fairly sure that they had at least 3 children viz
Arthur William 1901
Mabel Hannah 1903
Ernest Harry Stephens born 1905 Aston appears to have married Constance N.P. SIMPSON in 1933 and had a son William J S Stephens in 1934?

There may have been other children! I now know that Fanny Gertrude and Mabel Hannah continued to live at 787 Alum Rock Rd until at least 1939. Arthur and Ernest lived there at various times until the 1930s.

1. Knowing the names & address - does that ring a bell? I don't have any likely nicknames but it's possible!
2. What school rolls/admission / discharge registers should I look for? Say 1906- 1917?
3. What would be the local C Of E church for 787 Alum Rock Road?

Any assistance gratefully received! I know a house about 746 Alum Rock was bombed WW2 - how widespread was the damage?
Thanks
Marlene

Back