• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

St Vincent Street Bridge

ellbrown

ell brown on Flickr
There is steps going down near the St Vincent Street Bridge in Ladywood. Also an open path from Summer Hill Street.

The steps are open.

Close up look at the steps.

There is a primary school close to this site. Nelson Primary School. The steps leads to a path that goes towards St Mark's Crescent. A few playing fields nearby.

Interesting Elliot. Your post 11 in the thread below also shows steps from another, nearby? bridge, I wonder if they lead to the same path?

Probably Alan. But it's all fence off now of course. Although at Ladywood Middleway you have access to the Birmingham Canal Navigations Mainline.

At St Vincent Street just to a muddy path. Even the road leading down from Summer Hill Street had a big puddle in the middle.

This is the section of the railway from St Vincent Street towards Ladywood Middleway.

Summer Hill St Vincent St.jpg

Got these views from the balcony area at Arena Birmingham.

Nelson Primary School.

Rails that goes under the St Vincent Street Bridge.

There is steps going down near the St Vincent Street Bridge in Ladywood. Also an open path from Summer Hill Street.

The steps are open.

Close up look at the steps.

There is a primary school close to this site. Nelson Primary School. The steps leads to a path that goes towards St Mark's Crescent. A few playing fields nearby.
I fondly recall descending these steps every morning on my way to Nelson Primary School and then climbing them to come home to Botany Walk each afternoon... Between 1972 and 1980 : )

Back