• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

st georges school newtown

Alan Tucker

master brummie
St George's Newtown where the great Gordon 'Sid' Cowans went to school. He was in the team that shared the Villa Cup with Great Barr c1973.

children receiving instructions at st georges school..gt russell st dated 1939

i know lynne...just imagine the upset all the children had when they had to be seperated from their moms and dads even though it was for their own safety..

Lyn,
That's an evacuation party,they have their little labels on...bless em.
[/SIZ

Last edited:
fancy still having your label ray....dad was evacuated in 39..i am hoping to go and see him this week so i must ask him where he went from..at that time he was living in villa st next to the cut...

lyn

Lyn,
I still have all the paperwork,to do with evacuation,they have been posted on the forum,on a thread called...Evacuation Papers...I think.I have tried to put them in my photo's.but it comes up "wrong file".

Lyn,
These had gone from the first thread,"evacuation papers",so I am posting them again,for the history buffs,new members and those of us who may have short term memory loss.

those are fascinating ray and must i would think be quite rare....as you said you ended up not going so if it was not for that fact you would not have these documents..makes me sad just reading them but thanks for sharing them with us...

lyn

Back