• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

St georges day meet on the day..

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
hi folks...well what a lovely afternoon ive just had:) it was so good to see old friends and also make i hope many new ones....lovely to meet for the first time sister sue and her mom and dad..john young..bernard...chrisM and marlene...and of course the brilliant mikejee and his wonderful mom kay...(hope ive got all these names right):cry: it was also great to see john and june houghton:):)

will post some piccies after ive downloaded them....oh thanks also to those who bought along raffle prizes we didnt know about....we made £80 for our forum funds so thank you all for your support...:thumbsup:

lyn

Last edited:
I enjoyed the meet very much (as I always do) and it was followed by an unexpected guided tour of both Key Hill and Warstone Lane cemetries by Brian (at least I think it was Brian). Weather certainly an improvement on Christmas meet !!!! Eric

and theres more...:D...the last pic is of marlene holding erics painting of the cottages at fishguard that chrisM was delighted to have won...

Last edited:
I enjoyed the meet very much (as I always do) and it was followed by an unexpected guided tour of both Key Hill and Warstone Lane cemetries by Brian (at least I think it was Brian). Weather certainly an improvement on Christmas meet !!!! Eric

its always a pleasure to see you eric...so glad you enjoyed your trip with brian afterwards..and yes..what a difference in the weather...couldnt beleive our luck...:):)

just a little warning to anyone going to the bull for the first time....

MIND THE STEP...

JUST ASK FROTHY AND POSTIE:D:D:D

Glad you all had a good time (as per). Sorry I couldn't be there, have a rotten chest infection - probably thanks to Ryanair!
Charlie

dont know why you are complaining froth..you fell into the arms of me and kelly didnt you...:D:Dand you bent me raffle book...:angry:

hi Lyn, Sorry we dashed off, I had a funny turn or panic attack what ever you like to call it, hope they liked the plants,
Bernard

Sorry I couldn't be there but I had a migraine :( It looks as if you all had a lovely time. Thanks for posting the pictures, it is lovely to see everyone :)

Re
Astoness ( Lyn ) i may be there , but i am never sure, but i would like to give a DVD as a raffle prize. The DVD is " Brummies" made with Carl Chinn, it is actually a video, but i have had converted it to DVD. I think it was originally made in 1995, Smashing verbal and pictorial memories of Brum in the not too distant passed . It contains interviews with Brummies like Kathleen Dayus, , Ron ( Smudge ) Smith, and owners of old Brum companies. An interview with Ben Bennie, one of the 1st Brummie "Blackies" who talks about being outside the Queens Head in Farm St, getting money of the boozers, he mentions my great uncle, although not named, "Captain Dennis Hopkins" who had the scars of the cat,and drank at the pub just prior to the WW2.
This DVD is a must for everyone who loves Brum History,the River Rea, Saltley docks,the old science museum, Hudsons whistles, Samuel Heaths,A.B Row, .Its 1 hour and 6 minutes of wonderful Brum history, the only draw back being Carl Chinns daughter singing !!!! Lol. A prize worth at least £15. Get ya hands in ya pockets and purses. Max

Many thanks Max - just finished watching it - as you say - some good shots of Brum and Brummies - Now I know what you mean about the Chinn chils singing! - no wondere we just had a quick shower!

Templer, Im me for a loan of the DVD - it's definitly worth a view or two!

i had a lovely time meeting everyone and had a laugh as well and i actually won in the raffle
thanks for a lovely day
kelly

and thats what its all about kel..enjoying ourselves and having a laugh...thanks eveso for helping me with the raffle...so pleased you won something and i was chuffed to win the girl from hockley by kathleen dayus that someone bought with them...(cant recall who now:rolleyes:)

Thanks for posting pictures so quickly Lyn. It looks as though everyone had a good time, and the weather looks great. A little different to ours today (it rained again), but thankfully the sun has put a late appearance in.

Only 2 photos from me this time. I was too busy falling down steps:angry2::D
John and June Houghton and Chocks

Last edited:
I do hope you are feeling better Bernard?. Sounds like everyone had a lovely time and fancy Frothy falling for Lyn???. Jean.

Thanks Lyn for a very pleasant afternoon. It was nice to meet people face to face finally.Took a few pictures below including Lyn with her see-through skirt and Chris totterng under an enormous cheeseplant

meetupbull014.jpg
meetupbull008.jpg
meetupbull005.jpg
meetupbull004.jpg
meetupbull002.jpg

Back