• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Southall William George Electoral roll 1940

KathyP

master brummie
Can anyone tell me if there is an electoral roll for 1940? If there is I wonder if anyone could look up William George Southall and his wife Mary Ellen. Thank you.

Re: Electoral roll 1940

I do not think there are any rolls taken during the war. Nearest would be 1939 , when it was 58 whittington oval (he is listed as George William )

Thank you for this Mike. I am not sure if this is who I am looking for though as I am sure it should be William George (my uncle Bill) . I suppose he could have joined up about that time and presumably wouldnt have been listed?

A George William and Mary Ellen Southall were at 10 Bushbury Road,Stechford in 1935 ?

Thank you very much for that, wonder why he was listed as George William and not William George. Still it must be my aunt and uncle ~ thank you for checking them out for me.

I'm guessing that everybody has the vote by then - property or no, and register at age 21yrs? I am wondering if a James Bellamy was around Ladywood area during this time?

Hi FV. There is only one James Bellamy listed in Ladywood Ward. He is the only one registered at the address given.

1935 Ladywood Ward 392 77 R O James Henry Bellamy 3 back 33 BLYTHE STREET

There are others, not many, in surrounding areas... A middle name or name of a person living with him would make it easier... ;)

BiLL

hi there
i think you will find your belamys noved to long acre aroiund that period
long acrte nechells in the forties

Back