• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

So..we Were Only Saying..

:confused2: Talking about oudoors does anyone remember the two in Holte road. One was Miss Noons who owned a big dulux dog and the other Mrs Nevills the other end of the road. The older ladies in those days used to send out for their jug of mackies or milk stout with a tea cloth over the top. I used to hate the smell in these shops especially Miss Noons. She had pulls that spilled over their trays and the smell in those days was awful. Guess what. My husband was on the brewing at Ansells Aston Cross. I soon had to get used to the smell. I'm sure Patty and Sandra remembers them. Do you remember Sandra carrying a bottle of pop and falling over and breaking it. I helped you home. Long time ago though. TTFN. Jean:confused2:

Yes I remember Mrs Neville's she used to sell you 1 cigarette and Noons I used to take a bottle to get my mom some sherry out of the wood. I must have only been 14 or 15 at the time they never bother with your age then. Cant recall Sandra Falling Jean I'll have to ask her

:confused: Do you remember Mrs Daniels who lived oposite to my aunt and uncle. She always dressed in black. I used to fetch her stout and she would treat me. I remember going to the little shop for Mrs Bryons cigies and saying can I have 5 fags Mags. He told me not to be so cheeky. TTFN. Jean. :redface:

Jean your memory is much better than mine you seem to recall everything, I know Maggs shop because we lived opposite I think his name was Cyril

:) Pat. Keith Skrivens just e.mailed me and is looking into the site. He sends his regards and is going to sort some old school photo's out to put on hear. We can see his van from where we are and he's asked us up next time were there at the same time. I'm not overdoing it with my smilies am I Pat?. Sarc sarc. :)

Back