• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Snow Hill Station

Great photos Mark, i was led to believe that they still do tours around the Snow Hill cellars, has anyone got any ideas on this one ?

I was going to build my model railway based on Snow Hill but when I saw this incredible O gauge replica I realised I could not do it justice.

Thank you for your kind comments. I am working my way through lots of old negatives - as I find more I will post them.
I did not think there were any in colour, so that was a real surprise!

Mark, i know that at least three books have been published on Snow Hill Station, but these photos have never been seen before. Just a thought, do you have enough material for another book ? I know it can be a chore but you seem to have some fantastic material, which is already generating a lot of interest. Just a thought.:)

Unfortunately, all the photos I have are from 1977-1982-ish - the main station had been demolished before I started, so it would not be the most interesting of books! I hope to scan more negatives soon of the stations up the line to Wolverhampton Low Level, so there is more still to come!

Mark, thank you for these wonderful pictures!

What is amazing to me is the level detail there is in the construction and what level of effort it must have taken back in the day.

I know that most of us grew up with that all around us, but I for one took so much for granted and only now aft all these many years got most of it figured out!

Thank you again Mark....

A photo looking back to February 1962 for our train enthusiasts. Viv.

View attachment 159916
Ah, the dying days of Snow Hill and steam when engines from the enemy breached the portals of Snow Hill, Patriots, Jubilees and Black Fives, some came up from Gloucester Shed. Where did the 6pm for Wolverhampton come from? Surely it was not a Paddington - Wolverhampton, more likely a train ex Bristol? Answers on a postcard please.

Bob

Ah, the dying days of Snow Hill and steam when engines from the enemy breached the portals of Snow Hill, Patriots, Jubilees and Black Fives, some came up from Gloucester Shed. Where did the 6pm for Wolverhampton come from? Surely it was not a Paddington - Wolverhampton, more likely a train ex Bristol? Answers on a postcard please.

Bob
yer from bristol to snowhill.
45504 was stored at its
home shed of Bristol (Barrow Road) shed and was cut up at Crewe Works in March
1962. :mad:

Back