• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Smith WW1 records

sez

master brummie
I have been looking to trace my great grandfather Henry Edward Smith WW1 records- I know they may not have survived and I have no idea where he served or if he served, but I assume he would have done.

Born 1878 Smethwick
Married 1904
3 children
Address: 60 Pershore Street Birmingham
Worked as a commercial clerk

I know he was back in Birmingham in 1918 as he took over the family business at 60 Pershore Street. The family did not talk about Henry and records show he disappears from the family in 1921 until his death in 1942.

If anyone comes across any information I would be very grateful.

Back