• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Smith Search Thanks

smithsquared

Brummie Once Removed
All,

After many hours of searching and with huge amounts of help from all of you I have gone from knowing virtually nothing about my fathers connections in Birmingham to the attached family tree. I have taken out all the names of surviving relations (because I believe you must do that) but have, thanks to the forum, managed to make contact with two previously unknown relatives. I think my search further back has stalled at Edward and father Samuel and, due to the limited information around the beginning of the 1800's, I fear I will never find out more, but I might still have a dig around! I now need to compile all the information into a file and drive up to Birmingham and meet a few relatives.

Also attached is a copy of a very dark photo which my new found niece sent me, It is of my Grandmother, My Aunt and possibly my father taken around 1925 which would probably make it at the back of 27 Montgomery Street, Sparkbrook (the only house still standing).

Have signed up to 'Find my Past' which is helping me broaden out the details of the relatives I now know of which is quite considerable but I just wanted to say a huge thanks to everyone at the Forum for their help.

So if you have read and responded to any of the treads below, thanks for looking and thanks for helping,

Desperately Seeking Smiths,
Smith Wedding September1958,
Still searching Smiths,
School Days,
Sorry but it is another Smith search,
Smith Boys 1958,
Edward Smith Birth Look Up,
Smiths how far can I go?,
Smith Search Again,
Mystery Door,
Henley Street Sparkbrook.

Oh and now I know that none of my relations in Birmingham are called Smith, I might be searching for Harris', Keen's, Pittaway's, Nevitt's and Prices'.

Keep up the good work

Bob

Bob

Thanks for giving us an update:)
It's good to know you have traced some relatives who have further helped and long may your search continue:)

Suzanne

Back