• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Six Ways Aston

this is a cracking photo..st sign on the left says alma st so its on the corner of alma and high st..shop decorated for a royal celebration looks like it says ER ..now compere it with the photo on post 9...note the corner brickwork of the shop on the right corner. and the corner brickwork on this photo..i would say they are the same shops taken at different years..

lyn

six ways aston.jpg

this is a cracking photo..st sign on the left says alma st so its on the corner of alma and high st..shop decorated for a royal celebration looks like it says ER ..now compere it with the photo on post 9...note the corner brickwork of the shop on the right corner. and the corner brickwork on this photo..i would say they are the same shops taken at different years..

lyn

View attachment 183784
Brilliant photo Lyn, those shopkeepers had so much pride in their displays

Brilliant photo Lyn, those shopkeepers had so much pride in their displays
didnt they just john...looking again it looks as thought the royal decorations continued round the corner and the property to the right...having said that all of that could have been owned by matthews the grocers

lyn

didnt they just john...looking again it looks as thought the royal decorations continued round the corner and the property to the right...having said that all of that could have been owned by matthews the grocers

lyn

Attachments

• IMG_2746.jpeg
    IMG_2746.jpeg
    58.7 KB · Views: 31
Back