• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Shakespear, Richard Winson Green Prison

LynnH

I'm wondering how I would find prison records from Winson Green Prison, 1936, when Richard Shakespear spent some time there, probably for petty theft.

there maybe a record on ancestry or in the newspaper archives....do you know his date of birth as it may help

lyn

Criminal records on Ancestry stop well before 1936. Have you tried looking for newspaper reports?
1936 would probably be covered by the 100 year closure rule as well so would not be avaialble to the general public.

There appears to be only one Richard Shakespear (unusual spelling) in this area and he was born circa1874
He is in Cemetery Road. Smethwick in 1939
Richard Shakespear 31st Dec 1874
Rowland Shakesprear 1st July 1887
Hannah Shakespear 11th Jan 1880
siblings and all unmarried.

Back