• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Selly oak bus garage / Tram depot

Thank you for the great pictures, I lived the other side of the park and passed that area from middle 40's to 68 either going up to Selly Oak village or getting on and off the 11 bus for work at Cadburys

Pamela

I remember the old bus depot in Harbourn lane great pictures I have a memory problem now but they have brought it all back to me now,

I went to Selly Oak garage as a driver in the 70s I think it was, that was when we were moved fron Mosely because it closed and I was at Moseley Road Garage because the Midland Red at Digbeth finished operating stage carriage buses and the West Mids took over all the routes.
I remember some of the older drivers at Selly Oak were almost at retirement age and they used to us a lot of stories about when they were tram crews.

Back