• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Searching for my Uncle's grave.

Thank you for all your help, I really appreciate it!
Glad to help.
It is so much easier when you have used the ordering process before. Must also be tricky from outside England.
Do let us know when you hear and if you contact Robin Hood and they are able to provide grave details I am happy to go and see if I can find it and photograh it. (I drive past at least once a week and sometimes more) - but it is a large cemetery and I would need some idea where the grave is.

Help - I am really sorry but I think entered one of the numbers wrongly.

The last number should be 0076 not 117. The entry posted gave an extra number. I am not sure if this can be altered or if they will find the entry anyway. I am so sorry. :(

Last edited:
Help - I am really sorry but I entered one of the numbers wrongly.

The last number should be 0076 not 117. The entry posted gave an extra number. I am not sure if this can be altered or if they will find the entry anyway. I am so sorry. :(
I had the ref numbers from another post, I think, and entered those, volume number 34 and page number 76? If this doesn't work then it is certainly not your fault, thank you so much for offering to visit and photo the grave, that is so kind of you. I will definitely let everyone know the outcome of their hard work and will be contacting both locations tomorrow, or maybe Monday if possible. At least as soon as possible, again I thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your time and research skills, I've gotten more information in one day than in years of searching, and I cannot imagine having done that without you! ❤️

I had the ref numbers from another post, I think, and entered those, volume number 34 and page number 76? If this doesn't work then it is certainly not your fault, thank you so much for offering to visit and photo the grave, that is so kind of you. I will definitely let everyone know the outcome of their hard work and will be contacting both locations tomorrow, or maybe Monday if possible. At least as soon as possible, again I thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your time and research skills, I've gotten more information in one day than in years of searching, and I cannot imagine having done that without you! ❤️
Phew - that's good. I think that should be fine. o_O
We aim to please on this site. :D Glad we could combine to, hopefully, get a good result.

hi anner not sure if you missed post 95 off janice where she offers to visit the graveyard and take a photo of the grave for you...this is providing you can get the grave number from robin hood cem...good luck

lyn

hi anner not sure if you missed post 95 off janice where she offers to visit the graveyard and take a photo of the grave for you...this is providing you can get the grave number from robin hood cem...good luck

lyn
So sorry I thought I had but it was to a different account, will thank her immediately!

Glad to help.
It is so much easier when you have used the ordering process before. Must also be tricky from outside England.
Do let us know when you hear and if you contact Robin Hood and they are able to provide grave details I am happy to go and see if I can find it and photograh it. (I drive past at least once a week and sometimes more) - but it is a large cemetery and I would need some idea where the grave is.
So sorry, this is so late but thank you so much and I will definitely take you up on that, if I find his grave. So much good help today and I am grateful for all of it, thank you so much!

It looks as if Catherine left a will. You could order a copy to see if it names her daughter - might tell you if she had married or not. On;y costs £1.50 and you get then electronically so quite quick. I entered Catherine Ready and 12 (month) plus 18 for date and clicked to get a result/

Someone had a mass said for her at St Thomas More's church on the anniversary of her death.

It looks as if Catherine left a will. You could order a copy to see if it names her daughter - might tell you if she had married or not. On;y costs £1.50 and you get then electronically so quite quick. I entered Catherine Ready and 12 (month) plus 18 for date and clicked to get a result/

M
Someone had a mass said for her at St Thomas More's church on the anniversary of her death.
That's true and a great piece of investigative ingenuity, never thought of it myself, thank you!

That's true and a great piece of investigative ingenuity, never thought of it myself, thank you!
I followed that link found the document put it in basket but what next, no link to basket so I'm missing something, what could that be?

I followed that link found the document put it in basket but what next, no link to basket so I'm missing something, what could that be?
Not sure. Just putting laptop on. I know it works as have bought a couple of wills previously.

I went on to laptop and opened ghe link there snd behold the basket, thank you do much. This us amazing you are amazing!

At the top of the page.
1675536664919.png
Click on my basket and at the bottom of the page you will see place order
1675536746263.png
You then need to create an account to enter your details and pay.

Her name is Mary Josephine Ready, otherwise known as Maureen! Excellent work, thank you so much
No address though, the will was made in 1983!
Great to have her name all the same, can see if it takes me further so thank you so much again!

So the will was probably made after John died. From that long ago it could be that Mary has married since then so doesn't really help.

No address though, the will was made in 1983!
Great to have her name all the same, can see if it takes me further so thank you so much again!
But Catherine's last address was at Flat 5 Barons Court, 998 Old Lane Solihull, B92 8LL, United Kingdom.

Back