• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Searching for Mary Josephine Harwood

yogimon

master brummie
I went to St Chads church today and obtained my baptism certificate. I would like to trace my God Mother, Mary Josephine Harwood. I never knew this lady but my mother always told me that she was Gary Pendry ( the footballer's) aunt. I would like to know if this story was true. I have looked on the ancestry and i have found a Mary Harwood living in Ickneld St. in 1950. which could be her but i am not too sure. We lived in Aberdeen St at the time. I was born in 1951 and was cristened in St Patricks church. Ickneld St is not too far away. Does anyone know of a Mary Josephine Harwood who was related to the Pendry's. I would like to put closure on this story.

on wikipedia it has gary pendrey b 09/02/1949. in b'ham. on freebmd it has a garry pendrey born in first quarter to gwendoline wood & cyril pendrey. hope that helps. regards rick

Thanks for replying nijinski During the 50s Garry's parents Gwen and Jim used to live in Heath St and we lived in Aberdeen St Winson Green . My mum used to look after Garry when he was a little lad, that is how come she told me that it was his Aunt who was my God Mother. The last time we saw Gwen and Jim they came to my mothers 64th birthday party. I never gave it a thought at the time to ask them whether this story was true. I have no reason to doubt my mum but sadly she is not around anymore to ask. I really would like to know, it's a pity we always think of these things when it's too late.I have found a Mary Josephine on the voters list but that doesnt give me the information i need ... Many thanks Eileen

hi yogimon you could try sending a private message to our member don clive...his grandaughter is married to garry pendry...hope this may help you

lyn

I have no idea if Harwoood was her Maiden name, but when i looked up on the voters list. There was a Thomas, Mary Josephine and a Florence. I have tried looking for a marriage certificate but no joy.

Thanks lyn i will do that . ...Eileen

hi eileen im not sure how often don gets onto the forum so i have spoken to him and asked him to ask garry if his aunt was mary josephine harwood....i will get back to you as soon as i find out anything....

lyn

Many thanks Lyn. I would appreciate that. I did send Don a private message last night but as i'm quite new to the forum i'm not sure if i sent it properly. I will wait for you to get back to me .. Thanks once again... Eileen

Many thanks Lyn. I would appreciate that. I did send Don a private message last night but as i'm quite new to the forum i'm not sure if i sent it properly. I will wait for you to get back to me .. Thanks once again... Eileen

not a problem eileen i will get back to you as soon as i hear from don...

lyn

Back