• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Scotchmist

The above picture is Scotchmist mk2. I was the drummer in the original Scotchmist
You and me standing side by side. Sadly he rarely ever gave you or I credit for Scotch Mist, despite being my band in the first place, and you and I as two-thirds of the original three piece! It's only history. We're no longer in the UK, 18 years in France now, and his nibs is sadly no longer with us. Take good care Steve

Attachments

• IMG_20240325_180901.jpg
    IMG_20240325_180901.jpg
    936.1 KB · Views: 16
Well, well, Hi to you too K&K from both of us in deepest Devon. All good here ta, hope things are the same with you in foreign parts. Yes, we had some great times in Scotchmist, long time ago now. Heard about Keith’s passing, he actually died on our son’s, Dan, birthday. Kevin gone as well a few years ago. Don’t know anything about Mike.
I reckon we were the best line up
Look after yourselves, all the best from us to you.
Steve and Liz

Mike is still with us Steve, though his stroke has left it's mark. Truly sad to hear of Kev's passing... It was a real shock at the time, and such a lovely fella. I still speak with Rod regularly, and I'm close again with Keith's Redditch family, especially my niece (daily!) and their family. Her son Jack is now a great guitarist, and Rob is in the Armed Forces. Our three are in three different counties in England and we visit when we can. Do you have the Scotch Mist tapes, if not I'll gladly forward them as mp3's! ScotchMist.jpgTtfn both

Hi again, sorry to hear about Mike, if you’re in touch with him say hello from us. Are Dotty and Mike still together?
Nice that you are connected with your extended family, I am more in touch with mine now than I ever used to be and Liz has recently been in touch with her brothers after years of no contact, must be an age thing.
We were in France for a few days last September, seeking out some of the holiday villas we stayed in when the kids were young, Concarneau / Benodet area. Our daughter Helen got married in Arles in 2005, lovely town, and our son-in-law works in France, for approx. two thirds of the year, as a farm workers agent, so we have a bit of a French connection.
I have the Scotch Mist tape on CD ta, didn’t want to lose that. Dan also put the tracks on YouTube a few years ago.
Are you still plucking the strings? Bet you are, ‘Lightenin’
Hope all your family are good, Cheers,
Liz & Steve.

Back