• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Scams: telephone, email, texts 2023, 2024

Just had the ' Hi dad' text from a number I don't recognise, quickly followed by the ' I've lost my phone so using someone else's phone to text you, can you help? '

Blocked!!!
Yes, I have had the same thing in the past too. Unfortunately, a BBC presenter's late mother was subject to the same text scam and unlike us, fell victim to these heartless crooks. It was on BBC Midlands News last night, link below:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-68684193

• Appreciate
Reactions: RRJ
just had a email off BT
Hello,
Your Call Protect service for Digital Voice now uses AI technology to detect and block scam calls at no extra cost.

This means if you have a handset with a digital screen, it will display suspected nuisance calls. It may also show you the name of the business that's calling, including BT and EE.

just had a email off BT
Hello,
Your Call Protect service for Digital Voice now uses AI technology to detect and block scam calls at no extra cost.

This means if you have a handset with a digital screen, it will display suspected nuisance calls. It may also show you the name of the business that's calling, including BT and EE.
We have the same, shows the number and says “scam likely” but the call still rings through!

the police called today about the empty box the ebay seller sent me they are looking into it.:grinning:
they took a statement off me about the seller they take fraud cases very seriously.

I bought a new Windows Ultimate disk on Ebay that turned out to be fake, Microsoft replaced it with a genuine one for free in exchange for the sellers details.
I have a good friend that uses eBay, what it have found is that I get the same prices and products (for the most part) on Amazon. I know there are substitutes on Amazon but recourse is quick and easy.
BTB that is pretty straight up from Microsoft!

Back