• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Cain sarah anne

michael.boulton

Brummie babby
looking for help tracing my great grandmother sarah anne cain.born about 1863 married samuel wilkins and daughter married abraham boulton. i believe the family originaly came from ireland possibly dublin. i am told that she had 7 brothers, and they are buried in St Chads cathedral.

i can see sarah wilkins with her husband samuel (if i have the correct one) on the 1911, 1901 and 1891 censuses but she says she is born birmingham. cannot find her previous to her marriage in 1881 or 1871.
did you need the census info i have found or are just just searching for her before her marriage?

Found a birth registration for Sarah Ann Bull Cane - Dec qtr 1958 B'Ham. This is th eonly one I could see around the right date in Birmingham.

Marriage Dec 1882 Aston Sarah Ann Cane -m- Samuel Wilkins

thank you for the info,i have a copy of the birth certificate for sarah anne wilkins.registrars district aston sub district deritend county of warwick born 8/10/1888 darwin street father samuel wilkins mother sarah wilkins formaly cain(it states on the certificate Xthe mark ofsarah anne wilkins i would be interested in the history of sarah anne cain ie family members, prior to her marriage to samuel wikins. cheers mike boulton.

i think your best bet is to send for the marriage certificate that suemalings found in post 3 above.
this would give sarahs fathers name and occupation and we may be able to trace her from that. all the best, shera

Hi

The IGI has the following christening/baptism at St Chad's 26 March 1862

Sarah Anna Kane
Parents: Patricii Kane & Bridgittae Brannon Kane (most likely Patrick & Bridgit)

Other ones at St Chad's with the same parents Patricci Kane/cain & Bridgit Brannon/Brennon
Helena Kane - christened 7 Nov 1858
Thomas Cain - christened 17 Oct 1852 birth date 19 Sept 1852

Suzanne

I have a Sarah Ann Cain born around 1879 to Thomas Cain and Ann Marshall, she had 7 brothers and two sisters. Lived in Birmingham from 1881 census No. 7 Court 11 Dartmouth St / from 1891 and 1901 at 29 Fisher St. She had moved out of the family home by 1911 census but they were still there.

This Sarah Ann Cain of 29 Fisher Street, Gosta Green, Bham, is my Grandmother and she married a Joseph George EVANS, in 1907, later they lived in Great Colmore Street, Bham, therefore she does not appear to be the person referred to in the original enquiry. I hope this helps.

Marriage Dec 25th 1882 St Clements, Nechells.

Samuel Wilkins age 20 Plate worker , address Nechells park road, father Henry , mathematical instrument maker

Sarah Ann Cane age 20., address Nechells Park road, father William Cane , pistol maker

neither Samuel or Sarah could sign their names.

witnesses Thomas Jinks who signed and Eliza Belcher signed a X

Back