• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Sanders

W

Wendy

Hi
I am looking for information about the Sanders family:

Henry, Emma (formerly Rowe), Henry jnr, Thomas, Elizabeth, Millie and Alice. Listed in the 1901 census as living at 47 Dearman Road - there were possibly more children living elsewhere at the time of the census - I know they were a large family.

Many thanks
Wendy

Some Sanders

I have some details of Sanders who lived in Guildford Street, Farm Street and Emily Street. Names include John, Dennis, Edith, and Anne. They have connections with the Deeley family. Let me know if they may be connected and I will send you what I have

Hello Mike,

I note that you lived in Guildford Street, as did my grandmother, Emma Townsend (until 1951)and, at various times before the war, her offspring, Harold, Doris, Millie, Leslie (my father) and others. I also see that you mention a Sanders (my mother's maiden name) as living in Guildford Street. Mom came from Gower Street, so I am wondering whether there is any connection and would appreciate any information you might be able to offer

Regards,

Keith Townsend
([email protected])

I too am looking for the Sanders Family, Albert edwin m. Mary Horton, Alberts father was Samuel, he was b. 1835, and was a glass blower, I am particularly looking for the children of Albert and mary, I think that they ,lived in Rushton St.

My brother-in-law was Dennis Sanders, he lived at 27 Guildford Street with his mother and grandparents. I can't remember their names but I have it on record somewhere; I will look it up for you

ps I think my three sisters went to Gower St school. It was a boys secondary school in the 50s but before WW2 I think it was a juniour schoo;

Back