• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Salvation Army Hall, Lozells

If my memory serves me correctly I believe there was a Citadel in Nursury Rd.(Villa St.end)

Salvation Army Hall Lozells.

" A History Of Warwickshire "

Nursery Road Lozells Hall,Seating 218, was in use 1892, and attracted a Sunday evening congregation exactly filling the hall. 81...

81 Birm. News Religious census, 1892.

Thanks GER22VAN for confirming that my memory is still functioning and that my spelling still needs brushing up!! (Nursery not Nursury) :rules:

Hope the extra info is of use to MI.

Thanks GER22VAN, I've got that history but unfortunately its in store awaiting a house move; I hope.I will look it up when I am settled

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words (only sometimes)

pmc1947
Photo replaced, possibly not the same as original

old salvation army hall, lozells.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nursery Road

Michael. Did you check "Some old street scenes" ? Page 4 - 3rd photo is also of Nursery Road , Lozells.

Is that in the Warcs book Ger? If so, no chance of getting at it for a bit; its in a box burried at the back of our self-storage unit. Thanks anyway

Back