• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Saltley Grammar school

J

jim charman

looking for any old schoolmates from saltley grammar school 1934 to 1939. last class upper remove. any info appreciated

try "friends reunited website" It has most schools

Just found this thread on 'search'. There were loads of photos from Saltley Grammar on Genesreunited last time I looked.
I was a pupil there '68 - 75' & then went back & taught there very briefly in 1980 for a term. Oh I loved that school, many many happy memories.:)

I was at Saltley from 1965, and also have lots of good memories. This is a photo of me as Eliza Doolittle in the 1971 production of 'Pygmalion'.

View attachment 53390

It was directed by Miss Thompson and Mr Hedley.
I'm not sure if I ought to identify other people without their permission, so just in case, I won't, but I will say that my real first name is Christine!

I'm not sure which year this was but I started Saltley in 1958. I think it might be 2nd yr.

Back row Boddy, **, Beck,Tranter,**, Smith,Henson,*
Heath**Margaret Shuter,Carole Evans,*Rita*Wright(AKA Gobi)

*Rosalind Evans,Pam Davies,*, Mr Khan,*,Linda Abbott, Brenda Lewis, Val Tew
My brain won't recall any name at all for front row.

I loved my time at Saltley. Not for all the academic work but for all the new things I was exposed to. Art, music, theatre, debate, choirs, all forms of dance including Scottish and Irish, foreign travel, teamwork with hockey and tennis.

Attachments

• IMG_1767.JPG
    IMG_1767.JPG
    634.5 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Back