• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Ryan Peter

jdn5764

master brummie
Trying to trace a family tree for a friend, but he does not have much information. wonder if anyone can pull anything up with the information that he does have. He is basically trying to find into on his fathers side.

His father is Peter Ryan, born 7th Septebmer 1923 in Tipperary Ireland. (we have no info of his parents).
He married Brenda Baker borh 6th March 1928 in Hackey, He thinks they were married in Luton in 1951

If anyone can help or any ideas where to look would be aprreciated.
Thank you
Julie

Re: Long shot but can anyone help me!

Trying to trace a family tree for a friend, but he does not have much information. wonder if anyone can pull anything up with the information that he does have. He is basically trying to find into on his fathers side.

His father is Peter Ryan, born 7th Septebmer 1923 in Tipperary Ireland. (we have no info of his parents).
He married Brenda Baker borh 6th March 1928 in Hackey, He thinks they were married in Luton in 1951

If anyone can help or any ideas where to look would be aprreciated.
Thank you
Julie

Order the marriage cert from here: £9:25. https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/
Name: Brenda E Baker Spouse Surname:Ryan - Date of Registration:Oct-Nov-Dec 1951 - Registration district:Luton BedfordshireVolume Volume:4a Page Number:326
Name: Peter P Ryan Spouse Surname:Baker - Date of Registration:Oct-Nov-Dec 1951 Registration district:Luton (Cross referenceed)

Her birth certificate:
Name:Brenda E Baker - Mother's Maiden Surname:Marsh - Date of Registration:Jan Feb Mar 1928 - Registration district:Hackney - Registration county:Greater London
Volume Number:1b Page Number:622

ceebee

Last edited by a moderator:

Hello Julie.
Just had a quick look on Ancestry.There is a marriage for a Peter P Ryan to Brenda E Baker in Luton.

Brenda E BakerRyanOct-Nov-Dec 1951LutonBedfordshire

I hope this helps good luck.
John

There is a Patrick Paul Ryan born 21/12/1923 who died in May 1993 in Derby.
Register 28c District 3941A Entry No 280.

They can be Bu**ers fore switching forenames around, so it MIGHT be him.

ceebee2

Try Genes reunited. It's amazing how much info on other peoples trees there is

Hi Julie,

Do try Genes reunited, I found a sister I didnt know was out there and found a load of relatives.

Its possible that there is a relative that has got some information on their family tree that you havnt got. It's worth a try.

Back