• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Rowles Help please.

robert

master brummie
Trying to trace the weddings of James Rowles b1869 Lancashire. Wedding number one was to an uknown lady. They could have married in Lancashire, Birmingham, or Walsall before 1900 and may have had 3 children. Wedding number 2 was to Amelia Veness this also was a second marrage for Amelia her first to John Williams.                                                   Life dosent get any easier does it             Regards Robert

Re: Help please.

:angel: Robert from the FreeBMD site: https://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

Surname  First name(s)    District  Vol  Page 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marriages Jun 1888
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IZZARD  Eliza    Bolton  8c 343   

Richardson  Francis     Bolton  8c 343 

ROWLES  James Edward     Bolton  8c 343

Bolton is in the county of Lancashire
Marriages Sep 1888

Miller  Alice    Chorlton  8c 1096

Rowles  James     Chorlton  8c 1096

Chorlton is in the county of Lancashire
Marriages Dec 1890

Burgess  Miriam     Barton I.  8c 926 

Rowles  James     Barton I  8c 926 

Barton upon Irwell and it is in the county of Lancashire
Marriages Jun 1899

Hamer  Phillis Catherine    Bury  8c 810 

Mather  Mary Ann     Bury  8c 810   

Rowles  James     Bury  8c 810   

Bury spans the boundaries of the counties of Greater Manchester and Lancashire

Hope this helps O0

Chris :angel:

Re: Help please.

Dear Pom, life has just stated to get a little easier, the James Rowles i was looking for lived in Barton upon Irwell in 1881. so this could very well be the one i am looking for. Thanks very much for your help. Robert

Back