• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Rooney/Mason/Jennings

Z

zerub

I'm trying to find members of the Jennings family (below) in the hope that they have some "family runours" that will help me trace my paternal (Rooney) line.

George Mason, a jeweller, & his wife (?)Mary Ann had a daughter, Jennie Mason b abt 1878.

George died, and his wife remarried George Jennings who I believe was also a Jeweller.

Jennie Mason married William Edward Rooney in 1899 and they had one surviving child, Elsie May (my grandmother).

Jennie died in 1906 and Elsie was sent to live with her grandmother (?)Mary Ann Jennings and George.

(?)Mary Ann & George Jennings had at least 3 children - Lily, Helen (known as Nellie) who I believe married Frank Walker, and William who in turn had a son also called William.
William Jennings (snr) I belive lived in Sely Oak - possibly Resevoir Road and his son moved to Bedfordshire. Lily & her husband lived together with Nellie & Frank at Hansworth.

William & Jennie Rooney were, as I understand it rather the "poor relations" - not least because Jennie was pregnant when she marreid William Rooney.

I canot trace the Rooney family in the 1901 census, nor can I find William's birth certificate. There is a family rumour that he was in the army before he married Jennie but I have no proof of that.

Again, I understand that William Rooney eventually remarried & went on to have 2 daughters.

Other addresses that I have for the period 1899-1906 are are Sandpits, Springfield Street, All Saints Road and Barker Street - this is where Jennie was living at the time of her marriage in 1899.

If anyone has links to any of these people then please do get in touch

Back